Menu

Welcome!

MMIRA across the world!

• 13 Nov 2013 5:36 AM
    Reply # 1437134 on 1285908
    Alusine Kamara

I am a Sierra Leonean working for the National Statistics Office (Statistics Sierra Leone).
    I must first of all register my profound appreciation to Burke Johnson, an interim Board member of MM, for introducing me to MM. One strategy which I believe would be effective to take MMIRA across the world is snowballing.

Of course I am going to inform staff members at SSL, and, I am sure to capture one or more interested minds.
  • 03 Dec 2013 7:33 PM
    Reply # 1451172 on 1285908
    Rachel Mudrich
    Evening, all!  I read over the responses, and would also add to this to make use of the social media of the day.  As a school teacher, I know how much social media plays an role in the lives of my students.  I also know many adults where this concept also rings true.  Make use of members and their connections to social media, and see how far around the world that takes MMIRA!
  • 04 Dec 2013 4:22 AM
    Reply # 1451364 on 1285908
    Christophe MANGONGO
    C'est avec plaisir que je me permets de vous répondre en tant que membre, je pense que l'essentiel est déjà fait c.à.d. la structure existe MMIRA maintenant il reste à porter loin et à un grand nombre de "personnes" la raison première  de MMIRA par l'organisation des conférences/colloques/ateliers dans plusieurs pays en tenant compte d'une bonne répartition géographique pour une plus grande visibilité!
  • 29 Dec 2013 5:02 AM
    Reply # 1464587 on 1285908
    Penelope Orton
    Thank you for starting this association. I am in South Africa and am finishing off my PhD doing a  mixed methods study and have found it challenging as there are few resources here to guide you. I fortunately had access to masses of articles from the various journals which I used to "teach" myself and am worried that I may have mis-interpreted some of it!! As a proponent of e-learning I would support the suggestion of using the online medium to run courses, tutorials, webinars etc - easier and cheaper for those of us who are from resource constrained countries. I look forward to the opportunities, thank you.
  • 11 Mar 2014 1:21 AM
    Reply # 1515156 on 1285908
    Jayasree R
    I am a new member to this association, currently residing in Oman. Enrolled for PhD in nursing. Interested in Mixed methods. happy to be in this group
  • 16 Apr 2014 3:20 PM
    Reply # 1539241 on 1285908
    Deleted user
    Hello,

I am a new member.  I just joined yesterday.  I am very happy to be a member of this association.  I am currently pursuing a PhD in Education with a specialization in E-Learning.  I plan to conduct a mixed method research study for my topic.

I will also attend one conference workshop and am excited to be apart of this organization.

• 26 May 2014 9:19 PM
    Reply # 1557480 on 1285908
    chie chang
    Hi,

Im a student currently studying my master of communication design in Australia with RMIT university.  Sorry for my trivial question as i have researched through journal of mixed methods research and journal of qualitative research to define 'eager to learn argument as it is the latest methodology in mixed methods research', (I'm saving up money for all john creswell books :) as resources are limited in perth libraries) could anyone please kindly direct me to which journal i could search in for the definition of that argument.  Sorry a kindergarden child has just entered a university playground…oops….

dizzy chie chie
  • 27 May 2014 1:06 AM
    Reply # 1557534 on 1285908
    Deleted user
    Hello Chie Chang:

I am not sure which volume and series the "eager-to-learn" argument is in but you may try looking at Dr. Creswell's website that list all of the publications that he has written at this link:  http://johnwcreswell.com/

Hope this helps you,

Alberta

• 30 Nov 2014 2:13 AM
    Reply # 3159839 on 1285908
    Anonymous

being a mixed method researcher and Assistant Professor (Education), i am happy to join this association, i learn something new here about MMR and pass it to my student. In India there are so many researches with this approach, I am doing work to highlight the points related to MM and also awareness related to mixed methods in India.

• 30 Nov 2014 2:19 AM
    Reply # 3159840 on 1285908
    Anonymous

I plan to conduct a International seminar on research methodology in India, special attention to mixed methods. If member of this association interested to attend this then i conduct it and also i want resource person from out of India for conducting a International Seminar. Please reply me.