Menu

Welcome!

MMIRA across the world!

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   Next >  Last >> 
  • 05 May 2013 8:12 AM
    Message # 1285908
    Deleted user
    How can we spread the message or MMIRA across the world so that researchers all over can be interconnected? 
  • 30 Jun 2013 6:40 PM
    Reply # 1330352 on 1285908
    Rosalia Saimon
    I am a mixed methodology researcher from a developing country (Malaysia). In the beginning of my journey as a MM researcher, I was devastated as I could not find other MM colleagues in my country. To equip myself, I attended the pre-conference workshop and 6th MM conference in Baltimore, Maryland. Though it was indeed a very expensive trip (I was a PhD student at that time), i gained knowledge and confidence. Since then I always refer to MM journal and Methodspace Discussion for information. Now, with the newly formed MMIRA, there will be more venues for MM sharing information. My dream is, one day MM would be integrated in the country's post graduate curriculum. Thus, I am looking forward for leadership and mentoring opportunities provided by MMIRA. 
  • 02 Jul 2013 7:19 AM
    Reply # 1331439 on 1285908
    Chareen Snelson
    Thank you so much for posting the question about how to disseminate information across the world. I have been encouraged by the slow but steady growth of virtual conferences for academics. I would love to see some form of online community and maybe an online conference or workshop series in MMIRA. That would open access to a wider audience of people who don't have the time or financial resources to attend face-to-face events. As a long-time online educator, I would be delighted to participate or even facilitate some of the online activities. Thanks so much for starting the conversation. 
  • 03 Jul 2013 12:20 AM
    Reply # 1332155 on 1285908
    Deleted user

I am an independent researcher in community health from India. It is an enriching

feeling to be connected to others using MM through MMIRA. I have recently completed a research study using MM within the transformative paradigm and am looking forward

to publishing. It would be useful to create and dessiminate a workbook for experienced researchers to apply MM within their own work. This could include several examples,

even FAQs and most importantly the philosophical aspects of MM. Since many

researchers work to highlight issues centering around equity, they would benefit.I will

be glad to participate in the creation of such a document.

• 17 Jul 2013 9:32 AM
    Reply # 1342604 on 1285908
    Rhea Faye Felicilda
    I am an assistant professor (nursing)/second masters' degree student (educational technology), and I do a little bit of every type of research depending on the need: quantitative, qualitative, and of course,  mixed methods. I'm glad to be a part of this community, and I hope to learn a lot. I'm planning to attend the conference in Boston in 2014. I hope I meet you all there. 
  • 24 Jul 2013 8:16 AM
    Reply # 1350593 on 1285908
    John W. Creswell
    Please look at the news - you will see a conference in Japan and a workshop in Denmark.  Hopefully, we can continue to promote these international events as  opportunities for mixed methods researchers to gather.  Thanks.
  • 05 Aug 2013 11:58 AM
    Reply # 1358907 on 1285908
    Pierre PLUYE
    Word-of-mouth campaigns may be quite successful. I know also workshops on mixed methods research and mixed studies reviews in Switzerland, and Brasil. I will forward to former attendees. MMIRA is a great initiative. Congrats.
  • 18 Aug 2013 9:36 AM
    Reply # 1368889 on 1285908
    Paul Alexander
    Glad to now be a member; I am at McMaster Hamilton, clin epi biostats, and while my area is in quan, I have done a qual course and fascinated by the MM approach. 

do you foresee anything in terms of conferences in N America and would you give some on line resources? some ppts, courses? is that your intent? 

anyway, thanks for this forum. looking to your guys to learn. 
  • 26 Aug 2013 1:31 PM
    Reply # 1374418 on 1285908
    Margie

Hi

In response to Whitney's query re dissemination, why not consider forming a brand new LinkedIn Group or consider contributing to the existing one

Mixed Methods Research

which doesn't really seem to have taken off?

• 15 Oct 2013 6:09 PM
    Reply # 1413563 on 1285908
    Christian Valery TAYO TENE
    Hi!!!!!
    I have the pleasure to join the group.
    Together we can share  experience and knowledge in program evaluation and research methods.

Its a great pleasure for me

See you soon

Thanks
<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   Next >  Last >>