Menu

Welcome!

MMIRA across the world!

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   Next >  Last >> 
  • 01 Dec 2014 9:15 AM
    Reply # 3160399 on 1285908
    John W. Creswell, Ph.D., President, MMIRA

Yes, we would very much like to extend mixed methods to India and to consider how India can make this methodology appropriate to the Indian culture.  Please let me know directly via email jcreswell1@unl.edu about when and where a possible workshop/conference on mixed methods would take place in India and I will do my best to get the people/resources together to help.  Thanks.  John Creswell

• 17 Dec 2014 11:51 AM
    Reply # 3171822 on 1285908
    Misida Al Jahwari

I am pleased to be part of the MMIRA. I am a lecturer from Oman and currently pursuing a PhD in Aston Business School. I have opted for a mixed methods research design because it will help me answer my hybrid/integrated research question. I have read all related books by Creswell and found them very useful. I have also watched his YouTube videos. I am looking forward to sharing my experience, learning from others and creating a mixed methods research community in my home country after my PhD.     

• 17 Dec 2014 12:13 PM
    Reply # 3171845 on 1285908
    Misida Al Jahwari

In response to Whitney's question, I think a quick way is to have dedicated MMIRA members in universities and other research organisations across the world who can act as advocates. For example, I have read comments from a member in India and another one in Malaysia who seem interested and willing to spread the word. I come from Oman and I plan to start a new research group in my college department after my PhD. I see the mixed methods approach the most appropriate for the type of research needed in my home country. Most of our problems need exploration first and then description or explanation or prediction because we lack background research and theories on our context. I will be grateful to receive guidance and support from MMIRA in this area. So my answer is: seek members who are willing and able to spread the message and support them. 

• 03 Jan 2015 9:37 AM
    Reply # 3180050 on 1285908
    Deleted user

I´m a new member. I´m from Brazil and working with mixed methods in my post doctoral project. Graduated in Physical Education and MSc and Ph.D in Sport´s Psychology

• 05 Jan 2015 8:26 AM
    Reply # 3181142 on 1285908
    Penny Orton

Greetings to you all, I am a lecturer of occupational health nursing in South Africa and have just submitted my PhD for examination. I used mixed methods and am very keen to pursue this methodology and become increasingly more knowledgeable about it. I concur with the member from the Middle East that MM is a very useful methodology for African problems and I think gives a fantastic opportunity for collaboration on projects. I am very glad to be part of this group.

• 06 Jan 2015 6:03 AM
    Reply # 3181854 on 1285908
    Deleted user

Hello colleagues of MMIRA. Compliments of the season; though belated. I work in the statistics unit of the Ministry of Agriculture in my country Sierra Leone and I have been in this unit for exactly 2 years. During this period I have been involved in conducting studies relating to Agriculture. In one or two studies we have used MM. I would like to know/meet with agriculture related MMIRA members.

I am already on a desk and exploratory studies for a comprhensive Phd thesis proposal. My topic would be something like "Cocoa Value Chain in Sierra  Leone". This topic might be reviewed based on the output of the desk/exploratory study.  Mixed methods will  by used in the analysis.

• 28 Jan 2015 3:45 AM
    Reply # 3211924 on 1285908
    Olga Savinskaya

Hello, I'm qualitative and quantitative researcher who is interesting in mix methods designs. Thank you for starting the association and for interning and useful journal - JMMR. I’m looking for new places where the workshops and conferences will take part to find ideas and colleagues. Hopefully, one day I will see you in Moscow.

• 22 Apr 2015 5:49 AM
    Reply # 3312204 on 1285908
    Adekunle Oke

As a member of MMIRA, I'll like to see the society to be more effective in the UK and I don't know whether the Executive Committee can help in anyway in order to expand this society.

Thanks. 

• 01 Oct 2015 11:51 PM
    Reply # 3556284 on 1285908
    Deleted user

I am a Management Consultant based in India. I use mixed methods in research and consulting assignments. I am a member to MMIRA just few months back. I came to know about MMIRA from Sage Publications website. Earlier I has no idea of this association.

Keeping this in eye, I think the existing members can play greater role to expand the name of the association in various platforms from social media to national professional forums. This is a professional network and prospective members are the knowledge workers. Thus if a member transfer the massage of MMIRA to his fellows, the network shall be thicken up soon. 

• 09 Feb 2016 11:49 AM
    Reply # 3809047 on 1285908
    Lucia Caudillo

My name is Lucía I am from Mexico I am nursing PhD. student and I am working with mixed methods and the contraception behavior in women, I would like to share experiences. For to work the mixed methods I have to travel to school of nursing in University of Texas at Austin  because in my country at least in nursing there are not many people that work with mixed methods. I hope to have very interesting findings in my research.  

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   Next >  Last >>